Welcome!

After spending three years building my resume with internships, jobs and extracurricular activities, it’s time to start thinking about the real world. I had some great feedback about the blog I kept in London, although it lasted only a few weeks. I’m going to do my best to use this blog to chronicle the experiences of my senior year, balancing 30hrs/week of work, a full time class schedule and what I’d like to consider a blossoming social life… All while hoping and praying I’ll land the job of my dreams by the time I graduate. Can I do it? Let’s hope.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Case Study in Customer Service

I celebrated my second annual 21st Birthday last night at Wonder Bar. I won't get into the details here, because I am trying to get a job, but I do need to share that the customer service they provided was incredible.


The cost to me to host a party with 50-80 friends was... wait for it... $0. 

I called the venue and asked to have my party there. They blocked off the entire downstairs lounge, gave all of my friends line privileges and free cover and even gave me a complementary bottle of champagne.

Every single employee at Wonder Bar went out of their way to come over to me at some point in the evening to say Happy Birthday and make sure everything was going well. They didn't just take care of me, but of all of my guests as well.

One of my friends ended up getting sick. Instead of kicking him out on the street as they probably should have, the managers took care of him and even made sure that he got home okay. They were kind, caring and understanding. They took care of him simply because he was there for my party, and they were committed to making sure I had a great birthday.

The next day I wrote a review on Yelp... As did another one of my friends. I received a text message from a person at Wonder Bar thanking me for my review and saying they hoped I enjoyed my birthday. How great is that?!

Not only did every person who came to my party have an amazing evening, they all plan to go back. I must admit that when I first started telling people my party would be at Wonder Bar, they weren't super excited. From that one night of great service, they have all been converted to fans. Thank you, Wonder Bar, for providing great customer service and for helping me have a tremendous "Second Annual 21st Birthday" party.

No comments: